It's hard to concentrate or even muster the energy to participate in the activities you usually enjoy when your neck hurts. Although pain relievers may make your symptoms easier to tolerate, medications often cause unwanted side effects. Chiropractic treatments target the source of your pain, allowing you to reduce or stop pain medication. Our Everett, WA, chiropractor, Dr. Christopher Keezer, provides effective, natural treatments designed to reduce and relieve neck pain.
Determining the cause of your pain
Neck pain has a variety of causes, including:
- The Way You Hold Your Neck: Poor posture when standing or sitting can stress your muscles and the vertebrae in your neck, causing pain. If you use your cell phone to text or surf the web, you may be more likely to experience pain due to the stress placed on your neck when you look down at your digital device.
- Trauma: Vehicular accidents and falls can cause neck pain, particularly if you develop whiplash.
- Spinal Conditions: Neck pain can be caused by arthritis, bulging discs, spinal stenosis, and other conditions that affect the neck and spine.
Finding the source of your pain is the first step in devising an effective chiropractic treatment plan. Your Everett chiropractor will ask you questions about your symptoms, work, lifestyle, and hobbies and review your medical history during your first appointment. He'll also perform an examination and may order diagnostic tests, such as X-rays. This information will help him decide which chiropractic treatments will be most effective in treating the source of your neck pain.
Treating neck pain
Spinal manipulation may be part of your treatment plan if you have neck pain. Manipulation involves using gentle, manual pressure to correct alignment issues in the vertebrae of your neck and spine. Misalignments can stress muscles and irritate nerves, causing or worsening pain. In addition to reducing pain, manipulations also increase the range of motion and promote healing.
Your chiropractor may recommend other helpful treatments, such as massage to relax tight muscles and improve blood flow. TRACTION and Cold Laser Therapy can help reduce pain, improve circulation, and speed healing.
Relieve your neck pain with chiropractic treatment. Call our Everett, WA, chiropractor, Dr. Keezer, at (425) 259-3700 to schedule your appointment.
A rear end car crash totaled your SUV. You walked away and felt fine for about a day. Then, severe symptoms began--neck pain, stiffness, and more. This could be a neck injury called whiplash. At the Back Pain Relief Center in Everett, WA, Dr. Christopher Keezer uncovers and treats whiplash and other conditions of the spine related to motor vehicle accidents and other traumatic events. He'll help heal your injury and return you to normal function.
What is whiplash?
It's an injury involving the cervical spine (neck area) and its related muscles, tendons, intervertebral discs, and soft tissues of the neck. Whiplash occurs with a sudden and severe impact from behind as in a rear end motor vehicle accident, fall, hard contact during sporting activities or other blow to the back of the head or neck.
Surprisingly, the symptoms of this very common spinal injury may remain hidden for 24 hours or more post-event. However, when signs do show up, they can be quite severe, frightening and debilitating. That's why as a crash dynamic expert, Dr. Keezer advises a chiropractic examination after any incident involving sudden impact.
Symptoms of a whiplash injury include:
- Extreme fatigue
- Neck, shoulder, jaw, and back pain
- Neck stiffness
- Limited range of motion in the affected areas
Treatment of whiplash in Everett
When you come to the Back Pain Relief Center, Dr. Keezer will do a complete chiropractic examination and take digital X-rays to determine the kind and extent of your injury. The goals of individualized whiplash treatment are the elimination of pain and return to normal function and range of motion.
To accomplish these goals, Dr. Keezer uses a variety of treatment modalities, including:
- Chiropractic adjustments to correct misalignments (subluxations)
- Massage therapy to relax muscles and increase blood flow
- Physical therapy
- Ice or Heat therapy
- Cold Laser Therapy
After a neck injury such as whiplash, you can live well again. While your symptoms may not resolve quickly, you can experience significant relief and a good long-term outlook. For a neck pain consultation with Dr. Keezer in Everett, WA, call The Back Pain Relief Center at (425) 259-3700.
Does your back ache but you don't know what you could have possibly done to cause your pain? Although back pain can occur after an auto accident or a fall, it doesn't always have an obvious cause. Our Everett, WA, chiropractor, Dr. Christopher Keezer, discusses common causes of back pain and explain how chiropractic treatment can help relieve your symptoms.
What caused my back pain?
Back pain can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Your Job: If your work involves lifting or other strenuous activities, back pain can be a problem. Lifting and straining put considerable pressure on the muscles and joints in your back. Back pain can also be a problem for people who remain in the same position most of the day, such as office workers or drivers.
- Your Posture: Remember all the times family members told you to stop slouching when you were a child? It's true that good posture can help you avoid back pain. When you constantly hunch over or slouch, your spinal alignment may suffer.
- Sprains and Strains: You may feel a tugging sensation in your back at the moment you experience a sprain or strain, or may not even realize that you injured yourself until your back begins to hurt hours later. Sprains or strains can happen when you run, play sports, or even move a heavy piece of furniture.
- Your Screen Time: Most of us can't imagine leaving the house without a smartphone, but using these and other digital devices can increase your risk of back pain. Constantly looking downward when using your phone, tablet, or another device can strain muscles in your neck and back and affect the alignment of your spine.
- A Herniated Disc: The discs that cushion your vertebrae contain a soft inner core. After years of wear, the soft core can ooze out of the outer layer and press on a nerve, causing pain.
- Your Conditions and Diseases: Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, spinal stenosis, and scoliosis can all cause back pain.
How can chiropractic treatment help?
When you visit our Everett office, we'll perform an examination, take a few X-rays and ask you plenty of questions about your symptoms, job, and hobbies. Based on your diagnosis, you may benefit from one or more of these chiropractic treatments:
- Spinal manipulation
- Heat or ice applications
- Spinal decompression with whole body vibration
- Cold Laser Therapy
Chiropractic treatment can relieve your back pain. Call our Everett, WA, chiropractor, Dr. Keezer, at (425) 259-3700 to schedule your appointment.
Migraine headaches impact 37 million Americans, and unfortunately, you belong in that staggering number. You've tried medications, relaxation therapy, cognitive behavior therapy and more. You wonder if chiropractic care could help. Dr. Christopher Keezer, a chiropractor in Everett, helps his patients who suffer from migraines by relieving misalignments of the spinal column, allowing their bodies to return to proper balance and function. You could be one of the individuals who finds relief.
What is a migraine?
A migraine headache is what physicians and other healthcare professionals call a primary headache. It does not originate in head trauma, brain tumor or systemic disease, but it simply happens and is enigmatic in its source.
Most migraine sufferers are women, aged 35 to 55. However, people of all ages and walks of life can experience these often debilitating headaches.
Common symptoms include:
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Blurry vision
- Nausea and vomiting
- Muscular tension
- Aura (dizziness, tinnitus, zigzag lines or blind spots in the visual field)
- Auditory or visual hallucinations
Some people are sick with their headaches for days, seeking rest and relief in a darkened room.
Did you know?
The American Chiropractic Association says that a full 15 percent of people who experience migraine headaches on a regular basis seek chiropractic care. And, the number is on the upswing because individuals recognize that chiropractic is a safe, minimally invasive and drug-free way to treat ailments stemming from neuromuscular dysfunction. While the exact cause of migraines is unknown, the scientific community recognizes that the nerves and muscles of the body play a significant role in all phases of a migraine.
Experts agree that the best way to treat migraines is to prevent them from happening in the first place. This is where a complete chiropractic exam at The Back Pain Relief Center comes in.
Dr. Keezer will examine your spinal column, looking at for subluxations (misalignments). He'll make adjustments as necessary, focusing on improving conduction of nerve impulses, increasing circulation and function, relieving muscular tension and more. Dr. Keezer strives to increase his patients' ability to heal themselves and to stay healthy.
Also, your chiropractor in Everett will discuss your medical and medication history, your symptoms and your concerns regarding your headaches. Your unique care plan likely will include a routine schedule of adjustments, relaxation techniques and improvement of your posture. Dr. Keezer may provide some nutritional counseling as well.
You can control your migraines. Why not contact The Back Pain Relief Center in Everett today for a personal consultation with your chiropractor? Call (425) 259-3700.
Neck pain affects most of us at some time in our lives. If you have neck pain, don't ignore it! A chiropractor can treat your neck pain and improve your quality of life. Dr. Christopher Keezer at The Back Pain Relief Center in Everett, WA, offers state-of-the-art treatments for neck pain. Read on to find out how a chiropractor can help alleviate your neck pain.
1. Therapeutic Ultrasound
Therapeutic ultrasound is a widely used treatment modality often used in chiropractic offices. It is used to provide deep heating to the tissues in the body. These include joints, ligaments, muscles, and tendons. Therapeutic ultrasound can help relieve your neck pain and speed up the healing process.
2. Massage therapy
Many chiropractors offer massage therapy to treat neck pain. Therapeutic massage involves working and acting on the body with pressure to alleviate stress, pain, and muscle spasms. Research has shown that massage therapy has the same pain-relieving effect as over-the-counter pain relievers.
3. Chiropractic Adjustments
A chiropractic adjustment, also known as spinal manipulation, is a common therapeutic treatment for neck pain. Your treatment plan may involve neck adjustments, which work to improve joint mobility in the neck, restore range of motion, reduce muscle spasms, and relieve pressure and tension.
4. Therapeutic Exercise
Your Everett chiropractor can design an exercise plan for you to help with pain relief. Therapeutic exercise refers to a range of physical activities that help build strength and flexibility and improve range of motion. The aim of therapeutic exercise is returning injured clients to a pain-free, fully functioning state.
Leave your neck pain behind. Call The Back Pain Relief Center at 425-259-3700 now to schedule an appointment in Everett, WA. Get your life back on track by receiving the best neck pain treatment available.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.