Does your back ache but you don't know what you could have possibly done to cause your pain? Although back pain can occur after an auto accident or a fall, it doesn't always have an obvious cause. Our Everett, WA, chiropractor, Dr. Christopher Keezer, discusses common causes of back pain and explain how chiropractic treatment can help relieve your symptoms.
What caused my back pain?
Back pain can be caused by a variety of factors, including:
- Your Job: If your work involves lifting or other strenuous activities, back pain can be a problem. Lifting and straining put considerable pressure on the muscles and joints in your back. Back pain can also be a problem for people who remain in the same position most of the day, such as office workers or drivers.
- Your Posture: Remember all the times family members told you to stop slouching when you were a child? It's true that good posture can help you avoid back pain. When you constantly hunch over or slouch, your spinal alignment may suffer.
- Sprains and Strains: You may feel a tugging sensation in your back at the moment you experience a sprain or strain, or may not even realize that you injured yourself until your back begins to hurt hours later. Sprains or strains can happen when you run, play sports, or even move a heavy piece of furniture.
- Your Screen Time: Most of us can't imagine leaving the house without a smartphone, but using these and other digital devices can increase your risk of back pain. Constantly looking downward when using your phone, tablet, or another device can strain muscles in your neck and back and affect the alignment of your spine.
- A Herniated Disc: The discs that cushion your vertebrae contain a soft inner core. After years of wear, the soft core can ooze out of the outer layer and press on a nerve, causing pain.
- Your Conditions and Diseases: Osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, spinal stenosis, and scoliosis can all cause back pain.
How can chiropractic treatment help?
When you visit our Everett office, we'll perform an examination, take a few X-rays and ask you plenty of questions about your symptoms, job, and hobbies. Based on your diagnosis, you may benefit from one or more of these chiropractic treatments:
- Spinal manipulation
- Heat or ice applications
- Spinal decompression with whole body vibration
- Cold Laser Therapy
Chiropractic treatment can relieve your back pain. Call our Everett, WA, chiropractor, Dr. Keezer, at (425) 259-3700 to schedule your appointment.